22.6.09

Avatar and Troy, more in common than you think?




Avatar the Last Airbender Teaser Trailer


Right now the Avatar teaser pretty much looks like this:


Troy Teaser Trailer

Call me crazy, but it does. I'm semi-excited for Avatar, but right now it's very difficult to say what direction the film will go in... It seems most fans of the show are already dead set on hating it, and Shyamalan hasn't exactly been on a winning streak lately. But perhaps the forces of the earth will come together and create a masterpiece. Or maybe it will plummet like Dragonball Evolution (did that movie even see the light of day?) More than anything the teaser just reminded me how excited I am for the rapidly approaching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince release date!

5 comments:

Farzan said...

I don't know anything about the show, but I thought the teaser trailer looked pretty cool. Shyamalan definitely needs a hit because his last film was REALLY disappointing. You can read my review for it if you don't believe me. Hopefully this could be the movie that brings him back on top.

Ryan McNeil said...

All I can think about is that the twist will be that everybody on the boats were dead the whole time.

Anh Khoi Do said...

After Unbreakable, which I found okay when I was in High school, I never bothered to watch a film by Shyamalan. I never saw the TV show, but if Avatar The Last Airbender turns out to be a hit at the box-office, it would mainly be for this reason: the film was considered okay by critics. Call it a prejudice if you want, but Shyamalan seems to be going through a slow process artistic rebirth.

Trista @ 10 Movies said...

People! Don't leave this show behind! It is - without question - the best show on television and, if you're a fan of the show, that trailer was pretty damn disappointing. On the one hand I'm pleased to see he's piqued some people's interest, but then, on the other hand I know Mr. Shenanigan has unmeasured potential for screwing this up, so I'm sad that no one will ever consider watching the show after seeing this crap.

Go now and get DVDs. This show is amazing... and made by Nickelodeon. Curious.

do you have a flag? said...

@Trista, my friend's been telling me for awhile now that I must see the show, so I've added the DVD's to my wish list :)

I seriously have no idea what to expect from this movie. The trailer at this stage gives you nothing to go on.