19.4.09

Drunken Reviews! The First Podcast from Do You Have a Flag?!

So the first podcast is finally here! It's a little over all the place (we like to talk over each other sometimes...) but we manage to cover a few different topics listed below. As you can probably tell from the title, we were slightly under the influence while recording (cause we thought it would help), and so this podcast shall henceforth be known as "Drunken Reviews." I hope you'll give it a listen, and always comments/feedback, anything pretty much is welcome. Hopefully as we go along we'll have more movies in theaters that we can all chime in about, it's been difficult to get to the theater lately...

Drunken Reviews 1 Topics
Television
1:45 Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Terminators 1 & 2
6:21 Firefly 
10:57 John Paul & Craig
Rentables
12:14 Twilight
17:50 Cold Mountain
21:49 The English Patient
In Theaters
24:42 Lymelife



Subscribe Free
Add to my Page

ps - I don't normally say "frickin" that many times in a row... I blame the liquor.

2 comments:

Anh Khoi Do said...

At least you mentioned that the three of you like to talk over each other sometimes.

Speaking about Cold Mountain, I really liked the way how the story combines history (i.e. the American Civil War) and an element of Homer's Odyssey, which is love from a distance (and how this love is maintained by the two characters' hope to see each other again). Besides, I agree that the first thing that leaps to one's eyes in this film is the excellent chemistry between Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. As a matter of fact, although I saw it six years ago, I just can't forget the first kiss between Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. In short, Cold Mountain is definitely one of the best romantic films I've seen.

As for The English Patient, I read the novel three years ago, but I've got to find some time to watch the film. Keep up the good work, Ivy.

do you have a flag? said...

Thanks Anh Khoi Do! I hope it wasn't too hard to follow... It was fun to do!