14.5.09

It's been awhile...

since I did a good ol' fashioned news post. With all the television season finales, summer blockbusters and other general chaos, I got distracted. But I've still managed to stay on top of what's going on...

Wes Anderson is rolling in his perfectly labeled artfully decorated submarine
Wes Anderson Trailer from Alex Cornell on Vimeo.

Ok, so this isn't exactly "news," but it is new, and it is funny. Check out Alex Cornells' take on what would make a good ad for a currently fictional
Wes Anderson film festival. The saying, "build it, and they will come" comes to mind.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Highway to Hell... literally.


So I guess I didn't get the memo that this was such a highly anticipated trailer, but the internet response speaks for itself. Whether people are psyched or not from what they're seeing, they are speaking their mind in "it's about damn time" fashion. Truth is guys, we've seen this before, and we'll see it again because America has a severe preoccupation with apocalypse (probably because we know we're destined for it). Having not read the beloved book, I can't speak to its merits, but I'd be willing to bet it's good based on what I've heard. For the time being I think the trailer shows some promise, and the return of Garret Dillahunt yet again, now known as Cromartie/John Henry (he's got that southern accent down). I'd be more interested in knowing why y'all are or are not excited for the film... Is it Viggo? Is it Charlize? Is it cannibalism?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rob Marshall remade Chicago


Sorry but I had to say it. Now that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to seeing Chicago again. I'm just calling it like I see it. I wonder if they'll be a sparkly grand finale number? ....of course there will be.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For what it's worth

Photo Collage 500 Days of Summer Trailer

Cup of coffee
$3.75

$4, 299.00

A movie trailer made Mastercard commercial
priceless. WAIT, sorry I meant worthless.
(still excited for the film though.)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New/Old Moon




So is Jacob coming between them? Are Edward and Bella only half of themselves when they're apart? (good one Leen). Is is just showcasing that Jacob is the new guy? Personally, I think all it's showing is design laziness, but I'm probably not in the majority. Once again all the characters are shown airbrushed to hell, green and sightly glowing. When will advertisers learn that girls just aren't attracted to radioactivity.









________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disney's first black princess gets the "royal treatment"



Like a lot of other people, I'm puzzled as to why Disney is taking their first black heroine, and making her a frog for three quarters of the film. Is it because she'd have to be a water creature in order to survive in New Orleans?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Curb Your Enthusiasm finally gets its big screen debut

Whatever Works Trailer

This doesn't look like Allen's best. Maybe it's too soon to do so, but I'm gonna write this one off along with The Curse of the Jade Scorpion for now. Another bitter, funny, middle aged man, eh I'm done.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Shades of Ray Teaser

The fate of fan favorite Chuck on NBC reportedly hangs in the balance (haggling over money as per usual), but if I had to place bets I'd say its renewal is pretty imminent (especially after a pretty nice season finale). But whether or not Chuck returns to the Buy More, Zachary Levi still has a little movie coming out called Shades of Ray about a young man who is a product of an interracial marriage, which just broke up. I can't tell too much about the film yet, but Levi is as adorable as ever, so no complaints here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Smoke up Johnny!"

Community First Look Video

So my beloved Joel McHale has a pilot on NBC this fall, and sadly the funniest thing about it so far is an Arab with Aspergers. But on the upside the Arab with Aspergers looks damn funny.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HP gets you in the mood...
                                                                          


with monochrome.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dashing and Dysfunctional

Adam Trailer

Rose Byrne falls for Hugh Dancy, Who wouldn't? One catch, he's autistic. I hope this film may be cute and sweet enough to make up for his past atrocities like Evening and Confessions of a Shopaholic.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Bloggers, wanna have a little fun?
























So today I came across an excellent tumblr called Movies in Frames. As you can see, it's a pretty simple, but powerful concept. Being as image obsessed as I am, I was really turned on by this idea. Not only did I like the idea of making my own, but I wanted to open it up to y'all, the awesome people that you are. So now I ask you, send me your "movies in frames." Limit it to 4 images only (hard I know), and they can be the general theme of the film, or even a more confined theme (look at the above link for examples). I'll post them here on Do You Have a Flag? as well as my Flag? tumblr. I would REALLY love for this to be an ongoing thing. Meaning, whenever you think of a good movie to do, make one, and send it my way at cheerfuld8@gmail.com. Consider it a new series if this works. 

To get the ball rolling, I'm gonna call on a few people specifically... hehehe. You don't have to, but you know, it would be nice :)

Blake
Anh Khoi Do
DJ Heinlen
Reel Whore
Karen
The Mad Hatter
(basically the frequent commenters) 

but, EVERYONE IS WELCOME! So let's do this, it'll be fun! Email your "movies in frames" to cheerfuld8@gmail.com! And if it doesn't catch on, I guess I'll just do them myself...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for The Road, love that book!

Anh Khoi Do said...

Don't worry. It'll be my pleasure to come up with something for the "movies in frame". Finally, just two weeks before Pontypool comes to New York and Los Angeles :-)

do you have a flag? said...

Yesss AKD, send them my way! You too Selfstyler!