- Rumors and talks have been in the works for awhile now about a merging of Spielberg's DreamWorks and Disney. Well now, the deal is done and Kung Fu Panda will be sharing a home with the mouse. As the Forbes article tells us, it's been 6 years since Disney was the top-grossing studio of the year. 6 must have been the magic number, because Disney has finally agreed to release 6 DreamWorks films per year beginning in 2010. DW has been trying to find a new home since leaving Paramount in the fall, so lets hope this new partnership can revive the magic kingdom.
- Sadly, I do know what a "Prince Albert" is, but I don't know much about the actual man. Young Victoria will chronicle the early and difficult years of Queen Victoria's rule, including what would become her lifelong romance with Prince Albert. With an all-star cast on board, it looks like it could be this year's Duchess, underwatched, and possible underrated. Emily Blunt (The Devil Wears Prada and My Summer of Love) will star as Queen Victoria, and Rupert Friend (Pride and Prejudice [also boyfriend of the Duchess herself, Keira Knightley]) will play her leading man, Prince Albert.
- Robert Blecker Wants Me Dead happens to be playing at the Burns tonight (followed by a Q&A with director Ted Schillinger), but unfortunately I had to miss it. But you shouldn't! Check out the powerful trailer for this documentary about an unlikely and disturbing friendship between a "pro-capital punishment crusader" and a man who shot his four children. If that doesn't sound mind boggling, than you weren't listening.
- Another HPTHBP behind the scene video has arrived, and this one is even better than the last, giving us lots of never before seen film footage. The daily HP excitement level is at a 10.
- The Boat That Rocked is one of the many movies coming out this year that got a few moments during the Oscar credits last night. Above is the full trailer, for this 1960's rock radio sex romp aboard a boat. Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Bill Nighy and Emma Thompson among many many others.
- I won't go as far to say "the highly anticipated S. Darko trailer," but I will say, that a lot of people are still damn curious about this flick, despite it's relegation to "direct to DVD" status. This utterly confusing sequel stars that girl from Donnie Darko and The Ring, that guy from Gossip Girl, that other guy from Twilight, and that other other guy from One Tree Hill. Oh yeah people, it sounds like a winner.
Now I got a question. What things do you like, or what things can you live without from the sidebar over there ---->
Feedback is appreciated!